Saturday, February 14, 2009

Don and Lois Waltz in Lecanto, Fl

This is a picture of us parked in the back yard at Don and Lois's house. There was a cold snap while we were there and we got to see first hand what Don and Lois go through to protect their garden and plants. You can see in the picture some of the plants still draped in sheets for protection. Don is quite the gardener, growing everything from seed.



We spent an absolutely wonderful week with Don and Lois, from February 2 through February 8. For those of you who don't know, Don and I graduated from High School together in 1960.
Lois's culinary skills are incredible and I'm sure we all put on weight that week!!! but we sure had fun doing it. Lois and I had a lot of fun swapping recipes and cooking while the boys talked about motors, construction, RV's and such.






Their dog,Toby, and Nicky had great fun together in the fenced in back yard. They quickly became big buds. Toby loved to visit Nicky in the RV.

We spent one day at Lazy Days RV looking at RV's with Don and Lois showing them what to look for when purchasing an RV. They are interested in doing what we do in another year or so.

Don and Lois's friends Earl and Darlene took us out on the Homosassa River on their pontoon boat to watch manatees. We were not disappointed--we saw lots of them and I was able to get some good pictures. I hope you enjoy the video.

Saying good-bye to Don and Lois was like saying good-bye to friends we've had all our lives. Nicky says ditto that to Toby.


No comments: