
My friend,
Jann DallaMura, suggested we stop in Trinidad on our way north. Boy, am I glad we did. We've only been here a day and 1/2 and we've seen so much I feel like we've been here a week. The above picture is the name of the campground we stayed in ( it is Good Sam participating). It is a 12 acre campground with 650 redwoods on those 12 acres. As you can imagine we are sandwiched between the redwoods. We have free
WiFi and cable. There is,however, no AT&T cell phone connection here.

While driving out to Redwood National Park I was able to get these pictures of the Elk.

On our drive here we decided to leave hwy 101 and take a road that runs parallel to it called "The Avenue of the Giants". There were some spots that were a little tight for the RV but the drive was well worth the effort. We drove right through the Redwood forests and it was beautiful.

Below is one of the views along the way. It was a beautiful drive.

The following pictures were selected from about 55 pictures at least. The truth is no matter how many pictures you take you cannot capture the immensity and grandeur of these trees.

If I had not been standing in this tree, there is no way you would guess it's size.

After awhile your neck gets tired looking up to capture the height of these
majestic trees.

This was taken on our drive through the "Avenue of the Giants". There were times it seemed like the RV would end up scrapping the side of one of
these giants.

Here again, if Lee and Nicky were not in the picture you would not realize how big these trees are.

What's interesting about this picture is that I was standing inside the trunk of one of the Redwoods when I took it. It was a room inside the trunk about 5 foot by 5 foot. Of course, before I walked in there I took a peep to make sure it wasn't someone's home I was invading.
Jann, this is the little red school house you were talking about and yes, there is a campground behind it. It used to be an
RPI park but no longer. We stopped in the store and gift shop there and had a piece of blackberry pie. It was just down from here that we saw another herd of Elk.

Those of you who know Nicky know that he loves the beach. He's had two great days there and tonight it collapsed on the sofa.

Breath-taking view isn't it? Everywhere you look it is gorgeous. Of course, you must remember that northern California is like Oregon. It's nice to look at but not something you swim in.

This is the lighthouse in the town of
Tinidad, which has a population of
about 300 people.
There is a walkway down to the beach in front of the lighthouse. A beautiful walk and workout.

My children all know my love of the ocean so they know I'm in 7th Heaven right now.
There is just so much to see and the time just goes by so fast.
Love to all the grandchildren !!
1 comment:
Mom your hair is incredibly bleech blonde
Post a Comment