
HAPPY EASTER
Don't forget to thank God for the incredible sacrifice He made for us.
1 Cross
3 Nails
4 Given 4 Ever
Then celebrate the victories that are now ours through our Lord Jesus Christ!!!

Bird watching in
Florida is awesome!!!

You can tell by Nicky's tongue that the weather has warmed up.

Above is
Bradenton Beach, we just finished a
nice 6 days there. We stayed at an Encore park and though the park was nice enough sleeping with the traffic from 75 is not something we would repeat.

The 2 weeks prior to
Bradenton were spent at Peace River. We had a great time with Carol and Lou, Will and Ella, Jim and Tracy, Ed and Janie, and Jim and Jane. Friends we've been meeting up with for the last 6 years. We had several good nights of cards with Lou and Carol and a lovely dinner at
Giovanti's on Main Street in
Wauchula. These two are very special to us and we look forward to meeting up with them again next year.

The last time we saw Will and Ella was on our trip West last year. We met up with them in Palm Springs and had a great time. We look forward to
meeting up with them again later this summer. We had two lovely dinners with them and the afternoon at Highland Hammock State Park.

While in
Bradenton we were directed to a place called Robinson's Preserve by a local resident who said it's a really nice place to take your dog on a walk.

About 8 miles of trail are in the preserve and it had beautiful boardwalks and lots of birds to observe.

Isn't this a neat trunk?

Woodpeckers were everywhere.

If you are in the
Bradenton area this is a nice place to hike of ride bike.

We also spent time at Fort
Desota National
Museum and had a lovely walk through the trails there.


Saying good-bye to Jim and Jane was very difficult for us because they are going home to England so it's not like we know we'll see them again next winter. I have already asked Lee for a trip to England for my 70
th birthday.

Something I know Jim and Jane will remember for years to come is the play, "The Boarding House", which they saw with us at the City Hall Building in
Wauchula. What an experience!!!
If you see them be sure to ask them about it.

I have a bond with Jane that distance cannot break. We have become the best of friends and I look forward to continuing the friendship via e-mail, telephone etc. Lee and I also look forward to hosting their entire family for a holiday some time in the future. Jane and I have one of those kind of friendships that are very rare -- we never really worked at developing our friendship we seemed to think so much alike that we were like two sisters getting together after being separated for a while. I love her dearly and look forward to my visit to England in a couple of years.
Judy and Jane forever buddies

Jane and Janie

Jim and Lee
Jane and Judy's respective hunks

Jane holding Miss Molly (Ed and Janie's dog)

I took Jane to get a pedicure for her cruise home. We also went out for coffee and did some shopping ---now that's a surprise!!

Jane and I happen to be in
Bealls when they were marking down some dishes. It was a 95% mark down. I got two complete sets of 4 place settings and a decorative box to put them in for $11.20

Can you tell Jane was excited??

I had Jim and Jane over for BBQ pulled pork and then we played some cards and watched a movie. Jane and I decided we should be comfortable so we set up the dinette bed.

While at Peace River we took a trip over to Highland Hammock State park and took a bike ride with Jim and Tracy and Will and Ella. A nice time was had by all.
The picture above was taken on the Cypress swamp trail.


Jim, Lee, Judy, Ella, and Will Tracy is taking the picture.

Jim and Tracy, Ella and Will, Lee and Nicky.
This has been the most fragmented post I've ever done. I get very emotional this time of year when we have to say good bye to our friends and many acquaintances till the next winter. It's especially hard this year because Jim and Jane are going back home and I know it will be a couple of years before we see them again.
Goodbye to all of you, take care of each other and know that we look forward to meeting up again with you next year.
Love to all Judy
No comments:
Post a Comment