Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My 69th birthday!!!!

We arrived back at Jim and Jane's from Brugge on Thursday. Friday night we spent the evening over at Genette and Darren's having fish and chips with the entire family. All 5 grand children in attendance and they spent most of the evening playing games with Nana.




Saturday morning I wake up and Jane surprises me with a card and presents ( a bracelet, a necklace and a blouse). Then after breakfast Jane took me out for coffee and cake. At least that's what she said we were doing as it turns out before we went out for coffee we went to the fishery .



You put your feet into the tub and all the little fish come and clean all the dead skin off your feet. At first it really tickles.
We left with nice, clean, soft feet and then had coffee and cake out. It was coffee cake and it was delicious.

When we got home Jane started messing around in the kitchen right away and I said,"I'm going to run upstairs and change clothes". A minute later Jane calls upstairs,"Judy, I don't think you want to change yet, your birthday guests are arriving."

The little sneak had a birthday party planned. This is really something. I am in a foreign country and only know Jim and Jane and all these wonderful people who haven't even met me before come to celebrate my birthday with me. How special is that!!!!!




Mum trying on Jane's wedding hat.

Those in attendance were: Georgina, Dan and children, Jane's Mum and her husband Jack, Jane's good friend Val and her husband Jim, Jane's sister Darcy and her husband Paul.
I find it absolutely amazing that these kind people took time out of their day to celebrate a birthday with someone they've never even met before. What an act of love and what a very special day. Thank you all so much.








No comments: